Childhood Adventures!! (Part 2)

Continuing from where i left.....

There was this black cobra hissing right at us... We were 20 of us in line, but it looked so fierce and none of us thought could face it.... It started to slither forward and all of us went cold... just then, a charmer came from nowhere and held the snake at its mouth... it struggled so madly to get out and bite him to death... but he succeeded and put it in a tight container. We were all watching it like a scary movie coming alive!!!

After he was done with his business, he kind of questioned us why we were there. When we explained our part to him, he laughed aloud and said... all the deserted places are associated with haunting stories these days! We looked at each other and thought.. definitely, we saw one just then!! He said there was one ashram just behind the mountain and he was going there to take venom outta snake's body. We were all excited to go n witness that rather than going ahead and watch more scary movies!!

The Ashram was in the middle of a small forest kinda place. There were huge trees and 3-4 houses in between and everything was just behind the mountain. There was so much peace in that small place. There was scorching heat just outside that area and the asharam had an opposite aura to itself. There were couple of people chanting and one person in deep meditation. In fact, I felt like meditating there considering the purity of the place. We were offered fruits and water. We all realized how thirsty we were and started drinking like din have for ages.

The snake charmer came around and asked us to see "taking-venom-out-of-snake" movie. I thought I would rather not do that (Although now I feel I should have had rare experience of seeing that!) and chat with a few sages around. I started asking them why they were there and how long etc etc. They were all educated people and they were like they wanted to experience introspection properly. It was like just taking break out of their life so as to understand purpose of life etc etc. I could not understand much then but now it makes hell lot of sense! We asked a few more questions on meditation. One person explained to us that it has a power of giving us the newest form of life every day! I am yet to experience that... but it makes more sense now in all the ways!

After some time we left the place and some how I was eager to leave. They all seemed different and sounded different like we read in books and never see in reality. When we came out, there were thick black clouds but we did not want to stay back there any further so started off. It rained badly but we did not stop until we all saw some good crowd. Then we stayed under the trees for a while but did not talk at all. We were there for 15-20mins and bid byes and headed back homes.

I felt so good that day coming back home. I was pitch black, tanned and dead tired. My mom asked me what I did to myself. Lol. But I did not share much of this with anyone until today (Now through the blog). I could see that mountain / big hill from my house in the nights and used to feel strangely scared. But going back now, it feels really nice to have gone through that. It feels good to experience something strange. Specially in these mundane days, those memories are fresh breath to think over :) :)

6 comments:

The Furobiker said...

i am wondering how much this is fact and how much is fiction

Soumya said...

@Furobiker.. I wonder the same :-O. May be we should do a lil investigation by asking one of the 20 guys to narrate the true side of story :P

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B'DAY

Priya Chilamkurthi said...

:)

Kiran G said...

I know this is absoulutley a great delay in responding..nevertheless, atleast replying is better than not doing it...

First of all, a big thanks to Divya for sharing this and taking us back to those memories...I was in tears while going thru this...
and soumya, i too wonder where did the snake come from..Iam one of those 20. This is indeed a test for my memory...

Divya Khanna said...

Lol!!! It was for sure there ask the rest 18 ;-)

Powered by Blogger.