History's Mysteries...

Wonder why i got a thought on this spectacularly popular Egyptian Queen, Cleopatra, today ... but in fact, if you think about her... she is all Commanding, Passionate, Clever, Valorous, Dyanmic etc .... So worth remembering her!!
When i was a kid, i was always intrigued by the way History channel used to tell her stories .... She struggled and struggled to be a ruler and to take the throne... she was a Greek, ruled Egypt, made imprints in the Roman Empire by marrying Julias Ceaser and her famous love story with Antony... I wish I could see her fight on those battle grounds, see her smile, see her powerful eyes! well.... she is a history.....

At times, you feel like going back to the past and witness all those great leaders who are renowned till date with their achievements... History is something which is interesting and at the same time, mysterious! I always and always enjoyed my history classes thoroughly.... because there is a hidden mystery to that and a fact alongside stating that it is just gone now....

My recent visits to Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Jantar Mantar, Akbar's Tomb etc made me realise that that my interest for history is still the same... i still feel, wish i could see the glorious Shan Jahan walking on these gardens in Red Fort... I wanted to see that beautiful Mumtaz Mahal because of whom we now have our Taj!

I just finished a book " The Lost Symbol"... it made me have goose-bumps on my back... it describes we are moving ahead with History as a guide, to open up a new oracle altogether but in the end, we come to the point and realize, there is so much to unveil and learn... the more we get into the history, the more we feel that its going away from us... Hence, History will remain a Mystery!

1 comment:

The Furobiker said...

indeed history is mystery which we should only try to solve when we are tourists.. and not when we have spare time :D

Powered by Blogger.